Registration Documents | VPK Help
Documentation needed to determine a child’s age: Parents/Guardians must submit one of the following documents to verify their child’s age.
- Child’s official birth certificate; or
- A duly attested transcript of a certificate of baptism showing the date of birth and place of baptism of the child, accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent; or
- An insurance policy on the child’s life that has been in force for at least two years, which reflects the child’s birth date; or
- A bona fide contemporary religious record of the child’s birth accompanied by an affidavit sworn to by the parent; or
- A passport or certificate of arrival in the United States showing the birth date of the child; or
- A transcript of record of age shown in the child’s school record from at least four (4) years prior to application, stating the date of birth; or
- An immunization record indicating the date of birth, signed by a public health officer or by a licensed practicing physician; or
- A valid military dependent identification card showing the date of birth.
- NOTE: If none of the above information is available, an affidavit of age sworn to by the parent, accompanied by a certificate of age reflecting the child’s birth, signed by a public health officer or by a licensed physician which states that the physician has examined the child and believes that the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.
Proof you live in Florida – Parents must submit one of the following documents to verify they live in Florida:
- Utility bills; or
- Insurance policies; or
- Pay stubs; or
- Government documents (e.g., prior tax returns).